We are seeking a highly motivated VP of Client Success with a proven history of leading and managing a portfolio of large enterprise clients, in a competitive, dynamic, and evolving marketing space. As a VP of Client Success at MediaMath, you are the senior most strategic lead on a portfolio of accounts, developing strategies to grow the book and the partnerships within. You will also act as the most senior person for our Australian team and wear the Country manager hat.
You will be accountable for the overall success of a book of business consisting of Enterprise B2B companies and agencies. Your general responsibilities will include but are not limited to client strategic planning, day to day account line management, managing sales processes and hiring/ managing a client facing team including sellers & client services. In close partnership with the members of the team, you will engage with executive-level contacts (cross-functional) at the client, and be expected to establish, develop, and deepen the relationships that will allow our partnership to grow. If you are a self-starter, a strong general manager & deep vertical expertise with a tenacious desire to win, come realize truly uncapped potential at MediaMath.
- Create and execute a sales plan for your vertical with short, mid and long-term goals across existing and prospect accounts that continue to increase our market share within the B2B verticalOversee the creation of account strategies and innovative solutions that focus on value creation and unlock client investment to drive forward their business objectives and performance
- Drive alignment and influence executive and leadership contacts within your portfolio of clients to sell in and enable execution of strategic vision for the client
- Serve as the strategic lead and ultimate point of escalation for clients and your team across your portfolio
- Represent MediaMath at important industry events and own relationships with prevalent voices in the space across the B2B partner/vendor ecosystem
- Manage and actively coach a team of resources dedicated to driving growth and success against client account strategies
- Manage your team in executing sale processes; namely account line management and reporting processes
- Act as industry/vertical SME internally and to your team via knowledge sharing and active coaching
- Be your client’s champion internally to ensure their voice is heard and cross-functional resources are aligned to how MediaMath will contribute value to their business
- Partner with product teams to prioritize and build innovative solutions relevant to your vertical portfolio
- Lead all commercial activity in the countries falling under your remit, including net new sales and expansion of revenue at existing clients (80% focus)
- Manage the sales and account planning teams responsible for landing and growing accounts (20% focus)
- Lead global opportunities with in country-domiciled companies
- Act as senior relationship owner with our largest brand and agency clients in country
- Implement and support our consultative sales process
- Be an enthusiastic ambassador and thought leader through conference attendance, industry event attendance, and other substantive activities as we may decide
- Set and meet monthly/quarterly/annual revenue and gross profit business unit targets. Develop accurate revenue forecasting models
- Ensure processes and technologies are in place to ensure proper client stewardship: clear points of contact, escalation procedures, and the tracking and resolution of client issues
- Ensure that MediaMath is ideally positioned to earn incremental revenue, including obtaining incremental budget, re-signing and up-selling clients on a regular basis
- Develop people within the team by coaching, identifying areas for growth, celebrating successes, managing promotion process, keeping an open dialogue with your team, and identifying training opportunities
- People leader with experience in– goal setting against a strategy, coaching/career development and talent managementA strategic seller who can understand and communicate value to clients over program and pricing specificsInherently client-centric with a passion for your vertical
- Excellent communicator; specifically, strong listening, negotiation, and presentation.
- Able to establish meaningful relationships throughout all levels of client organizations with a track record of retaining key clients
- Able to demonstrate internal resource coordination with an uncanny ability to rally peers to resolve problems quickly, efficiently and under pressure and/or time constraints
- Able to adapt and respond positively to change; able to cope effectively with feedback
- Proficient in analyzing complex issues and problems and developing practical solutions through analytical thinking
- An effective operator– ability to prioritize and methodically meet deadlines.
- Personable, charismatic, and positive.
- Self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done
- Solution oriented and creative thinker who can evaluate problems and drive win-win outcomes. Able to respond positively to change and cope effectively with setbacks.
- Knowledgeable about economic drivers, including internal and external business dynamics
- 10+ years of strategic sales experience targeting executives and leaders at both brands and agency partners - likely to have held Vertical Lead, Sales Leadership, Account Director, Account Executive, Sales Director, Client Partner, or Brand Partner positions
- 5+ years in managing executive relationships at large brands and/or agency partners within the B2B vertical
- 7+ years in one of the following industries: AdTech, SaaS, Consulting, Marketing (client-side)
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- A history of hitting and exceeding revenue targets
- Experience working with Enterprise B2B companies
Why We Work at MediaMath
We are restless innovators, smart, passionate and kind. At the heart of our culture are three values that provide a framework for how we approach our work and the world: Win Together, Obsess Over Growth, and Do Good, Better. These values inform how we energize one another and engage with our clients. They get us amped to come to work.
Founded in 2007 as a pioneer in "programmatic" advertising, MediaMath is recognized as a Leader in the Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Ad Tech and has won Best Account Support by a Technology Company for two years in a row in the AdExchanger Awards.
MediaMath is committed to equal employment opportunity. It is a fundamental principle at MediaMath not to discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis including, but not limited to: age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity/transgender status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and other protected characteristic as established by law.